2010 was a fantastic year. We had so many special moments from Brandon and Colin's first birthday, to visiting my family in Boston twice, a weekend away with the Frank/Solomiany families and a week away with the whole Blaustein family in Florida.
As I look back on 2010 I fondly think of many wonderful memories. We spent half of the year with Todd, Amy, Silas, Ella, Annie, Teddy and Poppy. We were sad to see them leave for Portland and then off to Spain. Gettting to know all the kids was really such a joy in our lives. 6 months later I still think that going over to my parent's house will result in a wide eyed Poppy coming in the kitchen to give the boys hugs or Teddy sharing special moments with Brandon and Colin. I expect to see Ella and Annie watching Hannah Montanna and hoping that Silas doesn't come back from a skating adventure with broken bones. Yes, they aren't my chidren, and I only had a short time with them in Atlanta, but the impact of having them in my life has been made.
Brandon and Colin changed in so many ways this past year. They rang in 2010 barely being able to sit up unasissted. Now they are walking, running, talking, playing, and growing each and every day. Colin has somehow inherited the "clean-up" trait from both of his grandmothers. Today, he couldn't eat lunch until he had helped me put all the groceries away. Once everything was away, he then came to eat. He even picked up a packet on the floor and put it in the correct box. Really?? That can't be our child.
Recently the boys have begun turning on their CD player when they want to hear music. Brandon turns it up so he can hear it better and Colin changes the song to the one he likes.
The boys LOVE bath time. They wake up in the morning saying "bahh, bahh, bahh". They want a bath! One day I was getting ready in my room and found Colin sitting in his bathtub playing with toys. (There was no water in the tub and he doesn't have the strength to turn on the water thankfully.) They have new bath toys and that may be the reason for the extended bath times. But these boys have always loved bath time.
We have a new swingset out side and the boys always want to go out to play on it. They could spend hours on the swings alone. The love to climb and slide down. They are helpful raking the leaves and putting handfuls into the wheelbarrow. They sweep the porch, tip the chairs, and eat lunch at their picnic table. If they were allowed to spend all day outside, they would!
I hope that 2011 brings as many wonderful memories as 2010 did. I look forward to their 2 year birthday and watching them begin talking with not only words, but with sentences and complete thoughts. I can't believe how quickly my babies have grown into little boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment