A mom of younger twins recently asked "when did you leave survival mode and begin to feel like you are just living life?" That is such a great question. I'm not sure that I really have a great answer for it. At times, I feel like we are still in survival mode. At other times I see how far we've come and how much better life is with 6 month olds. I've been back at work for 3 months. I miss my boys terribly during the day, yet I also feel like a human during the week. I get up shower and can eat at predictable times. I can socialize with other adults and get errands done on my way home from work. Before those were things I tried to do and stressed about. Hmm?!?
The boys are growing BIG! Brandon is 27 inches long he is in the 70th percentile for height. Did he really come from Glenn and me? He is a whopping 16lb 15oz. Almost 17 lb. He may seem big, but he's still tiny compared to other babies his age. Brandon is rolling over, learning how to self soothe at night, babbling up a storm and eating like a champion. His diet currently is sweet potato or butternut squash. He doesn't really care for oatmeal and banana's didn't agree. If I put Brandon in his high chair, he knows what is coming up next... mmmm food! He will watch my every move patiently waiting for that first delicious bite of whatever mommy has made for him. You can just see the delight on his face when he has scrumptious sweet potato or squash. Soon we are moving on to apple sauce and then peas.
Colin has grown too, but he's still tiny. Tiny but mighty I like to say. He is 25 inches long and 13lb 14 oz. Very close to 14 lb. Colin is on the move. He loves to roll over and while he's on his belly he manages to go backward away from his starting position. He certainly shares likes and dislikes with us. Oatmeal- NO THANK YOU, sweet potato or squash MORE PLEASE. He bats at things he doesn't want, like his medication and delights in others. Colin smiles easily for anyone. He knows how to impress others and works the crowd. We'd better watch out.
Each day we have a new adventure in our house. Giggles are the recent delight. We love listening to them giggle.
Over break I'll upload a few videos for you to view and more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment