As a teacher we teach our students to look for patterns. Patterns in math, with friends, grades and so on. Well looking for patterns does not stop when school stops! I'm still looking for patterns. What makes my belly hurt? How do I make it feel better? How much movement do I feel at various parts of the day? These are all patterns I look for throughout the day.
The last couple weeks were rough. I realized that the boys were growing and in turn so was my body. (Imagine that!) I had that great "sunburn" sensation of my skin stretching and an awful pain under my belly. According to the nurse, as long as it is constant it is good and it will only get worse as I get bigger. (Good to know!) Well as luck had it, my time in the pool helped me feel better as well as a belly support band. Pressure was taken off my belly and the baby probably also moved off the offending spot! What a relief! This week I feel GREAT! Back to myself or back to my pregnant self.
Another pattern that is funny and difficult to get used to is how good I feel, yet how slow I have become. I can't get ANYTHING done!! I go to work, home, and usually the pool a couple times a week and that's it for me. No errands, grocery, or cooking gets done. If it does I'm passed out on the couch. It has been hard to accept the need to slow down in advance. Now, I'm there. I can only assume that this somehow gets me ready for later on.
"OH MY GOD!" Yes, that is what I hear daily from many people around me. You may see me daily and see this belly expanding quickly but you are still in shock by the shear size of it. To those of you who don't see me nearly as often you would be saying it too if you saw me! This belly is huge! Many tell me that I'm carrying high or only in front of me. That is great news! Someone actually didn't realize I was standing in front of them, because I didn't look pregnant from the back. Those are dream words! Thank you kind person who said that to me!
Well, next week we get another sneak peek at the little boys who are actively bouncing around. If we are lucky we will be able to have a 3-D ultrasound. I never get tired of seeing their little bodies moving around and waving hello. Soon enough we will meet these little boys.
This is so exciting Jill! I can't wait to finally meet "A" and "B"!
ReplyDelete